HydroTech Services, Inc. maintains a state-of-the-art research laboratory equipped with modern, sophisticated equipment to support the specialized needs of our customers and our field personnel. Our laboratory is staffed by a team of well-educated, experienced water treatment professionals who know and understand the needs of our customers.
Our laboratory is equipped to perform both routine and specialized testing of water and deposit samples, as well as perform non-destructive metallurgical and failure analyses.
Our research facility offers the following services:
- Classical wet chemistry methods for water and wastewater analyses, as well as deposit composition. These methods utilize spectrophotometry, titration, gravimetric analyses and all conventional qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques.
- Atomic absorption spectrophotometer for accurate, low level determinations of metals in water and deposit samples and fuel oil samples. Graphite furnace attachment for low-level analysis (ppb) of trace metals.
- Conventional ion exchange resin analyses, including salt splitting capacity, total capacity tests, microscopic examinations, identification of resin foulants and contaminants, resin clean-up recommendations, photomicrography, etc.
- Spectro Analytical “Spectroflame M120E” Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) spectrometer for rapid, automated sequential elemental analysis of water and/or deposits interfaced with a data-handling computer.
- General and specific microbiological determination, including autoclaves, incubators, etc. for measuring both total and differential organism counts in water samples.
- Conventional laboratory analyses of corrosion coupons, using ASTM approved methods for coupon preparation, cleaning and weighing, with computerized reporting.
- Computerized studies of water samples to determine Langelier and Ryznar stability indices under variable conditions of temperature, pH and make-up water cycles of concentration.
- Light microscopy – both compound and dissecting with CCD photomicrographic capabilities for the examination and documentation of microbiological and other physical specimens.
- Computerized Laboratory Information Management System for sample, database, analytical data collection, archiving, report generation, etc.